Home remedies for Puffy Eyes
It is extremely annoying when you wake up and see your eyes all puffed up. It is a most common problem and can happen to anyone. There are various reasons behind this symptom. These include genetic dermatitis, excess crying, sleeplessness, sinus problem, hormonal change, extra stress, hangovers, improper diet, infection or allergic reaction. Whatever may be the reason, but puffed eyes ruin your whole day and you look tired and sick. It’s really an embarrassing situation for you.
There are few home remedies to cure puffy eyes. Let us see some of these wonderful and effective remedies that can be easy availed at home.
Potatoes are found in almost every household. This vegetable contains starch which acts as an anti-inflammatory element for eyes. It is helpful in reducing puffiness around eyes.
How to do?
- Peel and grate a medium sized potato
- Put this grated potato in a clean cloth and tie up
- Sponge on eyes with this tied up cloth for few minutes
- Repeat this process till the puffiness goes
Puffy eyes due to tiredness can be cured by relaxing the blood vessels around the eyes. Cold spoon is a surprising remedy for tightening the skin around eyes and relaxing the veins.
How to do?
- Refrigerate 5-6 spoons (metal) for 10-15 minutes (do not chill too much to cause frost bite)
- Gently sponge with the round section (base) of spoon on your eyes
- Use them repeatedly one after another till you get relaxation from puffiness
Tea is packed with anti-inflammatory properties. They are a wonderful source to reduce puffiness of eyes. Its soothing influence is effective to reduce swelling, redness, and irritation. Moreover, you can utilize used tea bags as well.
How to do?
- Refrigerate 2-3 tea bags for 1 hour.
- Get into a relaxed position and put these tea bags on your eye lids for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure if required.
Cucumber is bestowed with astringent properties and enzymes that can reduce inflammation and pain caused due to puffiness around the eyes. Also, it is effective in removing wrinkles and dark circles below the eyes.
How to do:
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut into two slices (little bit thick)
- If possible, chill in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Put it on the eyes lids and relax down for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this therapy for 2-3 times a day for proper effect.
These are some wonderful home remedies to soothe and get rid of the puffy eyes. Try them and share your experiences in the comments section below.